About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar alcoholic trying to get my life into perspective. I am also a musicaholic and lover of art and poetry, which is much healthier. This blog is my own journey of recovery and self help... I am a musician and songwriter, budding artist and mystic amongst other things.

It's a new day

Oh that title has reminded me of a song that I love... I really should listen to it, it is a 'good medicine' song. You know the one...

"It's a new day, it's a new dawn, it's a new life... for meeeeeeee, and I feel gooooood!!!!"

Anyway, that's the way I'll attack today. I am about to go shopping... must kill the urges to spend which I am having. The goal is to go get some wholesome, low fat foods... some fish, fruit and veg, cottage cheese etc etc. In three days of misbehaving I have regained the weight that it took me a week to lose. Bugger!!!
So todays plan is; shop, do an hour on the treadmill, spend an hour or so in the sun reading "The Chronicles of Narnia" which I have recently purchased. The Narnia book is one I read for the first time many years ago.(Many many...eeek, don't like to think numbers!)
When I read it, something magickal seems to fill my spirit... a taste of the innocence and simplicity I once knew. More 'good medicine'.
So yep... thats the plan. I feel a bit tired as my sleep was very broken last night, but I have slept. Ease back into reality. Go gentle. Stay hopeful.
Peace.

2 comments:

Cristina C. Fender said...

You're an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Meg said...

:-) Thanks Chica... so are you!
xox